Here are some ideas and pointers to help you make yourself a game plan for the Target toy clearance. To make the most of this sale, you have got to get yourself a game plan!! (Doesn’t that full row of clearance toys make you just a little giddy?)
1. You will want to visit all of your local Target stores now. I have 3-4 Target’s that are within a half an hour of my home, my plan is to check them all out now and see which location has the largest selection of clearance toys. Not only will I want to see which store has the most clearance items, but I will see which one has more of the items that I am interested in. If I see a store with lots of Lego’s, I may head there first. If you check the stores out now, you will be familiar with the items that you hope to find. The store that meets the most of your needs should be the one you shop at first.
2. If you see an item that you are extremely interested in, but the stock is very low, you may want to pick it up at 50% off. I do this for VERY FEW items, because I figure another amazing sale will always come along. I have picked up Star Wars Lego’s before at 50% off. The past couple of years, not many of the Lego’s make it past the 50% off markdown.
If you see an item that has been marked down to 70% off and you already purchased the item at 50% off, you will not be eligible for a price adjustment. Target does not do price adjustments on clearance items. You can buy the item at 70% off and then return the original item with your 50% off receipt.
3. Once you have seen which toys are available, go home and check the reviews on Amazon. Some toys aren’t worth the money even at 70% off. I want to make sure I am not bringing home any items that aren’t worth the money I paid.
4. Don’t make any appointments on Wednesday or Thursday for the next 3 weeks. I am serious about this one!! It may seem silly, but you don’t want to miss the sale, because you had a dental appointment. Seriously, what’s more fun – shopping the 70% off Target toy clearance of getting your teeth cleaned?
5. Get your hiding spot ready! Once you buy your toys, you are going to need a place to hide them. I have kept things in my car a couple of times, because I wasn’t exactly sure where I wanted to store them. On both occasions one of the kids saw something that I was planning to give them for their birthday. I hate when that happens!
6. Figure out your budget now, and stick with it. It is so easy to go overboard when you see all of the great deals. I would also make a list of potential gifts you will need for the year. It’s much easier to decide what to buy when you have specific people in mind. When I am shopping for birthdays that my kids may get invited to, I just shop for general toys (Boys/Age 6, Girls/Age 10, etc)
7. Check to see if there are any available coupons or rebates. You can make the 70% off clearance even better if you use any coupons or rebates available.
Previous Post: What you need to know about the Target 70% off toy clearance.
Up Next: Tips for shopping the day of the sale.