This is a fun candy I like to make with the Homemade Marshmallow Recipe. I like to make a batch of these and put the in the freezer and save for stocking stuffers.
Here is what you will need in addition to the Homemade Marshmallow Recipe:
- Chocolate for melting (I like Wilton Candy melts available at Michael’s)
- Metal Cookie Cutter Shapes
- Wilton’s Decorating Bags
- Wax paper
1. Prep some wax paper squares you will use this on the top and bottom of cookie cutter. line up the wax paper squares on the counter, place the cookie cutters on the wax paper.
2. Place Candy Melts into Wilton’s decoration bags (microwave for 30 second intervals) until the chips are all melted.
3. Cut the tip off of decorating bags and pipe in the chocolate at the bottom of cookie cutter until is covers the bottom and you can no longer see any wax paper.
4. Lightly coat hands with butter or cooking spray, take a piece of the marshmallow and shape it to fill in the cookie cutter. Leave a little space on the sides so you can fill with chocolate around the marshmallow. Now top off with more chocolate and place a wax paper square on top to make a nice smooth finish.
5. Place in Freezer for 30 minutes, then take out and gently push chocolate out of mold.
If desired you can put them in small bags and finish off with ribbon for gift giving.
This is part of our Homemade Holiday series, click the image above to see all of the great gifts and recipes we have posted.