Here’s a fun and festive way to serve little cakes for Easter. They are super simple, you can use a boxed cake mix to make them super quick. Dress them up with sprinkles and little chocolate bunnies and they just scream Spring (and eat me!)
Easter Mini Cakes in a Jar
(makes about 16 cakes)
- 1 box Yellow or White Cake Mix and listed ingredients
- 3 Eggs (Pillsbury cake mix)
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil (Pillsbury cake mix)
- 1 cup Water (Pillsbury cake mix)
- 1/2 cup softened Butter
- 2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Lindt Mini Chocolate bunnies
- Ball 4-Ounce Quilted Crystal Jelly Jars with Lids and Bands (12-pack)
Preheat oven to 350. Prepare cake batter according to directions on the box and add cake batter into 4 Oz canning jars and fill them so they are a little less than half full. Place jars on baking sheet and bake for 18 minutes. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
To make the frosting, cream butter, vanilla and powdered sugar in mixing bowl. Slowly add milk until desired consistency is reached. Frost the top of the cakes, add sprinkles and place a chocolate bunny on top of each jar. You’ve got super cute little cakes for your Easter festivities.