It has been raining like crazy here in Washington. I mean crazier than it usually does! I guess I should be thankful that it isn’t an snow/ice storm like we had a couple of years back. Do you see my Maple tree in the photo above? The ice was so heavy it split my gorgeous tree IN HALF!!! Have no fear, my husband was able to repair the tree and it once again blooms every spring. He’s a stud!
The thing about Mother Nature is you never know exactly what the weather will be like at any give time. This is why we all need to be prepared for any kind of weather emergency. Rayovac wants to make sure we are all prepared and that put together this great list of things we should have on hand to be ready for a storm. Our family has put together 72-hour kits that include a backpack for every member of our family that include the items outlined below. This way we all have the necessary items packed and ready to go in case the power goes out or we need to leave our home in a flash.
Make sure you have the following essentials on hand:
- Battery-operated weather radio
- Rayovac® Flashlight
- Extra Rayovac® Batteries
- First Aid Kit (one for your home and one for each car)
- Prescription and non-prescription drugs
- Tools and supplies (paper cups, utility knife, hammer, matches, etc.)
- Personal supplies to maintain sanitation (toilet paper, paper towels, household chlorine bleach, etc.)
- Clothing and bedding
- Supplies for infants and toddlers
- Pet supplies
- Important family documents
- Entertainment (games and books)
You can head over to the Rayovac Storm Prep page to learn how to prepare for the following items:
- Severe Winter Weather
- Family Disaster Plan Checklist
Rayovac is offering 15% off ALL lights (excluding bundles) on their website, just use the code LIGHTS15 at checkout. It gets even better, because if you spend $25 or more you will also get FREE shipping.
I am a Rayovac Power Blogger, I have been compensated for sharing this information with you. I have been a Rayovac user for a long time, the Rayovac brand is a perfect fit for me and my blog. All opinions are my own.