If history repeats itself, this should be the week that the majority of the clearance toys get marked down to 75% off at Target. The toy clearance was marked down to 75% off this week last year. Can’t wait for the fun!
Most stores markdown the toy department on Thursdays, so if you don’t want to miss the sale, that is the day you should be checking your Target. To find out if the sale has indeed started on Thursday morning, you will want to check in on the Thrifty & Thriving Facebook page, I have numerous readers who will be posting what they find at their stores. Everyone is welcome to post on Facebook – the more the merrier! You may also want to check in on Wednesday morning, just to be safe.
Here are some important points to remember:
- Don’t trust what the red markdown signs say, check the red stickers on the individual items. Scan the items too!! It may say 50% off, but once you scan it, you may find that it’s 75% off instead. If this happens, you must do a happy dance!
- Don’t assume that if the toys at your Target are only 30% off right now, that they won’t got to 75% off this week. In years past, I have seen toys go straight from 30% off to 75% off. It can happen!
- They toys at some stores may not be consolidated to a whole aisle or on the endcaps, you may have to check up and down each aisle.
- When the markdown takes place and news gets out, the aisles can get crowded, if at all possible it’s best to leave little ones at home . If you can shop this sale without children, a MAJOR happy dance is required!
- Put items in your cart that interest you first, and decide later if they are a good fit. I always go through my cart before I head to the checkout to make sure I only buy the items that will work best for my gift giving needs. It’s much easier to put everything in your cart on the first go round and then take the ones out you don’t need.
- Make a list and stick to your budget.
- Have fun and be friendly!
- Save some Lego’s for me!
If you aren’t yet familiar with the big 75% off Target toy markdown that happens in July and January, check out these posts so you are up to speed:
I will want to hear about all of your finds! Once the sale starts, I plan on posting a link-up so everybody can share the fun deals they found. Does anybody else have a hard time falling asleep the night before they think the sale will start? I can’t be the only one.