- 1/2 cup butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tsp baking powder
- zest from one lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 cup flour + 1 TBSP
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 TBSP fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- In bowl add flour, salt, and baking powder. Set aside for later
- In small bowl add blueberries and coat with 1 TBSP of flour, this helps them from sinking to the bottom of the loaf.
- In mixer cream butter. Add eggs, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, vanilla and almond extract. Mix until well combined.
- Gradually add flour and milk, scraping sides with spatula so make sure it is all mixed well. Fold in blueberries
- Bake 350 in loaf pans prepped with non stick cooking spray. Cook for 50-60 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl make icing by combining powdered sugar, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Mix until smooth. Set aside to drizzle onto finished loaf.
- Remove loaf from oven, Let cool completely then carefully remove from pan and drizzle icing on top. There is often a little extra icing I like to drizzle it on the individual slices because I LOVE ICING!