Yummy caramel apple bars drizzled with caramel sauce. Perfect for your fall get together or holiday treats.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup flour
- 2 large apples (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 2 TBSP flour
- 2 TBSP sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 unsalted butter (cold, cut in cubes)
- Caramel ice cream topping in squeeze bottle (to drizzle over top)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line bottom of 8″ pan with parchment paper.
- In medium size bowl stir in melted butter, sugar, vanilla and salt. Gradually add flour and mix into the sugar mixture.
- Press crust to prepared baking pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
- In bowl, add sliced apples, flour, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Toss until all the apples are evenly coated. Set aside.
- In a bowl, stir oats, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut cold butter into cubes and work butter into mix with a pastry blender. The mixture should be coarse crumbs when finished. Set aside.
- Remove crust from oven. Carefully layer apples over the crust.
- Sprinkle with crumble topping and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool, then drizzle with caramel topping.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.