Booking a package deal to Disneyland can often times save you money. The majority of our Disney vacations have been booked with a package deal. Two of my favorite places to book Disneyland packages are through Get Away Today and Costco Travel. I should mention when booking a package deal we always book our airfare separately, we don’t include that in the Costco Disneyland tickets package.
What Comes with your Costco Disneyland Tickets Package
I am going to show you all the items and extras included in the Costco Disneyland Travel package for 2019 (styles and colors of extras will vary). Tickets that are part of your vacation package, along with your other vacation documents, will be delivered to your hotel to be picked up when you check in. Here is a peek at what’s included in the package and some tips too.
You will receive a voucher for your hotel stay that will be sent directly to the hotel. Many times parking fees will be included with your stay, so if you have a car that will save you a little extra. When you book your package through Costco Travel you can choose from several different hotel options. You can choose a Disneyland hotel or one of the Good Neighbor hotels. The package price will vary depending on the hotel you choose. They give you a ton of options and price ranges!
Disneyland Park Tickets
You can customize your vacation by choosing how many days you want to spend in the parks, you can choose between 2-5 days. Here’s a tip! We always choose the minimum amount of days we think we will be in the park. If we are deciding between spending 2 or 3 days in the park we choose to buy the 2 day park tickets. If you decide you want the extra 3rd day in the parks you can easily add the extra day to your ticket and just pay the difference between the cost of the 2-day and 3-day ticket. (You MUST upgrade your ticket BEFORE the park closes on the last day you use the ticket for park admission).
Also, it’s important to note that you DO NOT have to buy Park Hoppers. The package quotes usually contain Park Hoppers, but you can easily change the type of ticket you want at checkout. If we are only spending 2 days in the park we get the 2-Day 1-Park per day tickets. We save approximately $50 per ticket by choosing this option instead of the Park Hoppers. There is currently a spring special going on and 3-day Park Hoppers are actually cheaper than 2-day Park Hoppers so keep that in mind when booking (these tickets are available until the middle of May).
Disney Gift Card
When you purchase your Disneyland trip through Costco you will receive a Disney gift card as a bonus. The gift card amount will vary from $185-$245 depending on the length of your stay and the hotel you choose.
Disney Hotel – If you stay at a Disney hotel you will receive one gift card per package depending on the amount of nights you stay.
- Stay 2 to 4 nights and receive a $185 Disney Gift Card
- Stay 5 nights and receive a $205 Disney Gift Card
- Stay 6 nights and receive a $225 Disney Gift Card
- Stay 7 nights or more and receive a $245 Disney Gift Card
Good Neighbor Hotel – Get a $145 Disney Gift Card when you book a stay at a Good Neighbor hotel for 2 nights or more.
Magical Extras Savings Card
You will also receive a coupon book with additional savings and perks. The contents of the coupon book will vary from year to year. You will find coupons in this book to save money at Downtown Disney, save 15% on Disneyland Resort Park tour and more.
Lanyard and Pins
Redeem a voucher at a designated location and you will get a Disney lanyard and pin for each person in your the reservation. This is a fun bonus because your kids can trade the Disney pins with Disney Cast members. This has been a perk with Costco packages for awhile now. We booked our first package 9 years ago and we received them back then too.
Splitsville Luxury Lanes Bowling Discount
Roll into vacation with some savings on bowling at Splitsville Luxury Lanes™ in the Downtown Disney® District! Guests traveling on a vacation package receive $5.00 off bowling per person. (Applicable to walk-in rates only.)
You may be surprised to see how much you can save when booking a package deal (it’s not always the case, but most of the time the savings were pretty big for us). If you have a Disney trip planned I encourage you to price out a package with both Costco Travel and Get Away Today and then see what the cost would be individually by booking a room directly through the hotel and buying your Disneyland tickets either through Disney or save a little by purchasing the tickets through Get Away Today.
Here are a few important facts when booking your Disneyland Travel package through Costco:
- If you are an Executive Member, you can now earn 2% on your Costco Travel purchases! Purchases made directly from Costco Travel departing on or after September 1, 2017, will have the 2% Reward applied after travel is completed. (I am thrilled about this news!)
- You will pay a $200 deposit at the time of booking and the remainder is due one month before your departure date.
- When paying for your package you can pay with your Disney Rewards card if you have a Disney Visa. I noticed this option when I checked out. I am assuming you should be able to pay with a Disney gift card too. (This is technically purchased through Disney Travel)
- You can pay the final amount due online via Disney, you just need the reservation number and your phone number. You should have received and email after you first booked your trip that will include the reservation number.
Here is a peek at the cost breakdown I found when planning a trip for this year:
Get Away Today = $1846
- Disneyland Tickets (4 – 3-day Park Hoppers)
- Lanyards (given to you at check-in)
Costco Travel = $2219
- Costco Disneyland Tickets (4 – 3-day Park Hopper tickets)
- $145 Disney Gift Card (Bonus)
- 4 Lanyards and pins (Bonus)
Booking Hotel & Tickets individually = $2182.64
- Hotel = $862.64
- Disneyland Tickets (4 – 3-day one park per day tickets) = $1320
In this case I would choose Get Away Today over Costco, but I would choose Costco over booking the items individually. Since I am a Costco Executive Member that means I will earn 2% back on the cost, which is $44.38. I would also subtract the cost of the gift card from the overall cost because this will be saving money that we would have spent on food in the parks anyway. After the deductions, the final cost of the Costco vacation would be $2029.62. Prices will vary every time you book depending on the season and availability. When we book a package deal more than half of the time we order from Get Away Today and the rest of the time we order from Costco.
Costco’s Disneyland Extras vary from year to year, here is a peek at some of the items that have been included in previous years, these items are not available for packages purchased for travel in 2019.
Premium Character Dining Vouchers
Here is the best part about the Costco character vouchers (in my opinion)! If you read the fine print on the back of the vouchers, they can be used at ANY Disney restaurant and each voucher is worth $49 for the adult vouchers and $29 for the kids vouchers. We prefer to use this option when we redeem our vouchers.
So, instead of using all 4 vouchers on 1 breakfast for our family, we use the four voucher individually at 4 different restaurants to cover almost an entire meal for our family. That is 4 meals covered instead of just one! One voucher for $49 can easily cover a meal for four people if you choose a quick service restaurant.
You will want to make sure that the meal you are purchasing is as close to the $49 value in order to get your money’s worth, because they will not give you any cash back. As an example, if you have a group of 2 and your meal only comes to $25, you will lose the additional $24 that the voucher was worth. If your group is small I would recommend eating at a nicer restaurant to get the full value of the vouchers. I highly recommend the Monte Cristo at Cafe Orleans.
Here are a few other of my popular Disney posts:
- Check out the highlights from our trip to Disneyland Paris
- 10 of the BEST places to eat breakfast at Disneyland
- 10 of the BEST places to each lunch at Disneyland
- Several ways you can save on Disneyland Park Tickets.
- Great tips that will help you to do Disneyland (and California Adventure) in a day.
- Craving a Dole Whip? Check out our recipe for Homemade Dole Whip
- Check out the time my husband and I has six meals & one snack at Disneyland and paid less than $30 (thanks to a lot of planning)