We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Have you been to Disneyland during the Food & Wine Festival? This year the Food & Wine festival can be found throughout the California Adventure Park from February 28 – April 21, 2020. This festival features food and beverages from around the Golden State of California. You will find 14 festival marketplaces, family-friendly seminars, and visits from celebrity chefs. There is not an extra fee to attend the Food & Wine festival, it comes with your entry into California Adventure. (The information below is from the 2019 Food & Wine festival, we will update with new information when we have it)
Are you vegan or gluten-free? There is plenty for you too! Pick up a Food & Wine tasting passport and it will tell you which options are vegan and gluten-free.
You can save yourself a little bit of money by purchasing the Sip and Savor Pass. This pass includes a souvenir lanyard and entitles you to eight select food or non-alcoholic beverage items from participating Marketplaces, Paradise Garden Grill and select Festival Food & Beverage Carts. You can use all the coupons in a single day, or spread them out over multiple visits. You can purchase the Sip and Savor Pass at Trolley Treats, Elias & Co., Seaside Souvenirs, the Sip and Savor Cart, Festival Marketplaces, Festival Gift and Artist Corner and the Studio Store in Hollywood Land. Because I always want to make sure I am getting my money’s worth, I did some math. The Sip & Savor pass costs you $54, which comes out to $6.75 per item. Make sure you are only redeeming the coupons on items that are worth more than $6.75. If you want to try an item that is less than $6.75, just pay for it out of your pocket. If you are an annual passholder the Sip & Savor Pass is $49 ($6.13 per item). Make sure you don’t break off the tabs until you are at the register and told to do so.
Some of our favorite foods show up year after year, but they also bring in some fun new items too. Here is a peek at all the different booths and all the food we sampled during out trip to the Food & Wine festival this year. We were happy with all of the food items we ordered. Some we loved so much we ordered more than once.
Nuts About Cheese is located near Carthay Circle Restaurant at the Festival Entrance. This was our favorite booth! We loved all of the food options here and we highly recommend them all. Make sure you go back for seconds on the cheesecake, it was so good!
- Fiscalini White Cheddar Lager Soup served in a Mini Boudin Sourdough Bread Bowl (V)
- Ham and Vella Jack Cheese Pinwheel with Smoked Pistachios
- Creamy Oikos Yogurt Cheesecake (V)
You will find Peppers Cali-ente near Wine Country Trattoria.
- Verlasso Sustainable Salmon Peruvian Poke with Cucumber-Lime Salad and Aji Verde Salsa (GF)
- Ghost Pepper Mac and Cheese with Chili Cheese Corn Chip Dust (V)
Veggie, Veggie, Fruit, Fruit is also located near Wine Country Trattoria. You can’t tell from the picture on the booth, but the Lime & Strawberry fruit bars are really tiny, so I would pass on those.
- Grilled Asparagus Chicken Caesar Salad
- Cauliflower Ceviche with Chile Corn Crumble and Tortilla Strips (VG)
- Duo of Frozen Fruit Fruit Bars – Lime and Strawberry
The Berry Patch booth has lots of great berry options. We loved all the options at this booth too. We had the Strawberry Float twice.
- Strawberry & Coconut Rice Frushi (GF)
- Fresh California Berry Pie (V)
- Strawberry Float with Vanilla Ice Cream, Whipped Cream, and Crunchy Cereal Garnish (non-alcoholic)
I <3 Artichokes is located near Pacific Wharf Bridge.
- Fried Artichokes with Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Lemon Aioli
- Artichoke Toast with California Olive Tapenade
- Blue Diamond Almond Cake with Butter Streusel, Apricot Compote, and Brown Sugar Crème Fraîche (V)
The space near Wine Country Trattoria also hosts the Avocado Time Marketplace. The Impossible burger is actually vegan and it was AMAZING!! Seriously, I was super impressed with the taste and the texture. Give it a try!
- Petit Impossible Burger with Guac and Pepper Jack Cheese (V)
- Spiced Roasted Chicken on Pita with Avocado Hummus and Garlic Sauce
- Suja Organic Pineapple Passionfruit Kombucha (non-alcoholic)
The Cluck-A-Doodle Moo Marketplace is next to the Paradise Gardens Park. The Watermelon Lemonade was a favorite with our family. We got this more than once on our trip.
- Harris Ranch Grilled Beef Tenderloin Slider with Chimichurri Sauce
- Salt and Vinegar Parmesan Chicken Wings
- Watermelon Lemonade with Watermelon Garnish (non-alcoholic)
You will find Garlic Kissed near the Golden Zephyr. I really wanted to try the Chocolate Crunch Cake, but I had my fill of desserts. It’s super cute and worthy of a photo.
- Black Garlic Soy-braised Pork Belly Banh Mi
- Creamy Mac and Cheese with Garlic Bread Crumble (V)
- Chocolate Crunch Cake
Off the Cob is also near the Golden Zephyr.
- Shrimp Boil Tacos with Andouille Sausage and Fresh Corn (GF)
- Esquites Sweet Corn Nuggets with Bacon Lardons
- Peach Tea with Peach Garnish (non-alcoholic)
Golden Dreams is close to the entrance of the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail. The Chocolate-Peanut-Caramel Parfait was another item I wanted to try, but just didn’t have anymore room. Several other visitors have mentioned the Cotton Candy Soda is super sweet so if you get it you will probably want to share.
- Deconstructed Teriyaki Chicken Musibi with Pineapple Relish
- Anaheim Chile Relleno Bites with Salsa Verde (V)
- Chocolate-Peanut-Caramel Parfait (GF)
- Yippee! Mickey’s Cotton Candy Soda (non-alcoholic): Sprite, Cotton Candy Premium Syrup, Half-rimmed Butter Cream with Pineapple Cotton Candy Garnish
The Citrus Grove booth is always popular. We love the lemon macaron. We tried the Orange Chicken last year and were underwhelmed.
- Orange Chicken & Rice
- Citrus-brined Pork Roast with Tangy Barbeque Sauce & Lemon Pepper Slaw
- Meyer Lemon Macaron (GF)
- Ginger Beer (non-alchoholic)
Don’t forget to check out LA Style, it’s over by Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue!
- Asian-style Beef Barbacoa Taco with Pickled Ginger
- BLT Chicharrón Duro with Ranch Crema
The Paradise Garden Grill near Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta has quite a few food options for the Food & Wine Festival too. You can redeem your Sip & Savor pass here too!
- Beer-battered Cod with Steak Fries and Spiced Remoulade
- Impossible No “Meat” Ball Submarine with Marinara Sauce topped with Soy Cheese and served with Kettle Chips (VG)
- Beer-braised Pork Tacos with Pickled Apple Slaw, Black Beans, and Queso
- Buffalo-style Roasted Turkey Leg with Celery Slaw and Crumbled Blue Cheese
- Large Soft Pretzel with Beer Cheese Dipping Sauce (V)
- Black Forest Parfait – Layers of Chocolate Cake, Vanilla Chantilly, Chocolate Mousse, and Cherries
Here is a tip: If you find a specific line to purchase food is really long, you can go to a different booth and place your order. You will then take your receipt back to the original booth to redeem for your food. I’m not really sure if this helps all that much because if the line for ordering is long the line for redemption is long too. It’s helpful information to have in case you want to give it a try.
Make sure you check out the Jammin’ Chefs, they use pots, pans and percussion to entertain you. Chip & Dale also dance and play along.
Junior Chefs can see Goofy as he leads an interactive experience for kids ages 3 to 11. There is a “tasty surprise” at the end of the demonstration. There is also a fun coloring station for kids too.
Reservations are required for some events as well as an additional charge. Head on over to Disneyland.com to make reservations for the following:
- Celebrity Chef Guy Fieri (sold out)
- Dinner with Disney chefs
- In the Kitchen With …
- Sweet Sundays
- Carthay Circle Winemaker Receptions
- Wine, beer and mixology education & tasting seminars
You will also find festival merchandise. They even have Minnie ears with a fork and spoon, just think if you forget to grab a fork or spoon you can just eat with your ears. I think the trash can salt and pepper shakers are adorable.
If you want to enjoy the California Adventure Food & Wine festival I recommend booking a trip through Get Away Today. They sell discounted Disneyland tickets and their package deals with a hotel and Disneyland tickets can’t be beat. If you book a package deal use the code Thriving10 at checkout to save an extra $10.
If you have never been to a Food & Wine festival, I highly recommend attending one. Disneyland is great, but we really love the one at Disney World which happens in the fall. If you are looking for discount travel to Disney World I recommend Undercover Tourist.
Check out more Disney information on the blog:
- Check out our Ultimate Guide to Disneyland Snacks
- Food recommendations and guide for the Get Your Ears on Celebration
- Your complete guide to Pixar Pier
- I share honest reviews of all the hotels we’ve used near Disneyland
- 10 of the BEST places to eat breakfast at Disneyland
- 10 of the BEST places to each lunch at Disneyland
- Great tips that will help you to do Disneyland (and California Adventure) in a day.
- Another great way to save on Disneyland package deals is through Costco Travel
- See our review of the Caribbean Beach Resort at Disney World
- Find out how you can save big of official Disney Parks souvenirs
- Check out the highlights from our trip to Disneyland Paris