Make gourmet pizza at home with fresh ingredients.
- 1 package Yeast for pizza crust
- 2 cup flour
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes (sliced)
- 1 cup small fresh mozzarella balls (sliced)
- 8 oz sliced prosciutto
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1 1/2 cup Italian 3 cheese blend (grated)
- salt and pepper
- Make pizza dough by adding yeast into hot water and let sit for a minute or two until it foams at the top.
- In mixer, add flour, sugar, salt and olive oil. Gradually add yeast/water mixture. Mix until dough pulls away from the sides of mixing bowl and forms a ball. (I like the yeast designed for pizza because you do not need to wait for it to rise. However, you can use regular active yeast and let dough rest for 1 hour.)
- Next, knead dough for 4 minutes and then roll out on a floured surface.
- Add dough to pizza pan and brush with olive oil. Add sliced fresh mozzarella, sliced tomatoes, and strips of prosciutto (don’t skimp on the prosciutto, it adds so much flavor to the pizza) and add half of the fresh basil. Top off with a three cheese blend.
- Add a mix of 2 Tbsp of olive oil and 2 Tbsp of balsamic vinegar and sprinkle over the entire pizza.
- Add a bit of salt and pepper.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
- Add remaining chopped basil. Slice and Enjoy