Yummy recipe for Teriyaki Chicken recipe, the sauce is amazing. It is quick and easy and tastes so much better the teriyaki sauces from a bottle.
- 2 lb chicken breast
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1/2 cup water
- sesame seeds and/or chopped green onions to garnish (optional)
- In large grill skillet cook chicken (usually 4 minutes per side depending on how thick your chicken is) or until meat thermometer reaches 165 degrees.
- While cooking chicken, in medium saucepan add soy sauce, 2 cups of water, ginger, minced garlic, brown sugar, and honey. Cook until it reaches a gentle boil. Reduce heat and simmer.
- In small bowl mix 1/2 cup of water and cornstarch. Gradually add to sauce and stir until sauce starts to thicken.
- Transfer sauce to chicken in the skillet and simmer for up to 5 minutes.
- Serve over rice and garnish with sesame seeds and chopped onions.