This Mediterranean Greek Salad has a fresh lemon flavor combined with a hearty chickpeas and a bunch of delicious veggies. It goes well as a side to chicken for dinner or just by itself for lunch.
- 1 14 oz can chickpeas
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 cucumbers sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- 2 TBSP fresh oregano
- 2 TBSP fresh parsley
- 10 kalamata olives sliced
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- juice from 1/2 lemon.
- salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse and drain can of chickpeas and add to a large bowl.
- Add chopped peppers, cucumbers, halved cherry tomatoes, sliced or diced red onions, and sliced olives. Toss until mixed well.
- Add fresh lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste, and toss with fresh chopped herbs. Add feta cheese and gently toss.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.