Bright and fun monster cookies.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 10 TBSP butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp vanila
- food coloring
- In a mixer add butter and sugar and whip for about a minute. Add eggs and vanilla and continue to mix until well combined.
- In separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients, flour, baking powder, and salt. Then gradually add the dry ingredients to the batter. Mix until everything is well combined.
- Roll out dough, about 1/3″ thick. Cut out with circle cutter or other desired shapes.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes or until golden brown around the edges of the cookie. Make sure the cookies are completely cooled before decorating.
- To make the royal icing, add all ingredients to electric mixer and beat until will combined. Continue to beat 2 more minutes until it becomes a bright white. It will be very thick.
- You will need to separate frosting for the different colors. Add food coloring and a touch of water depending on how thick you need the icing.
- Use a pastry bag to pipe on the frosting. For the base layer you want more water so when you pipe on the frosting it goes on smooth. For the mouth and teeth you will want a bit thicker.
- Decorate with Wilton Candy Eyes