These sweet potato rolls would be a great addition for your next holiday dinner.
- 1/2 cup water 102-110 degrees
- 1/4 cup milk 102-110 degrees
- 1 packet yeast (2 1/4 tsp)
- 1 tsp & 1/3 cup sugar (separated)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 TBSP butter melted then cooled
- 2 1/2 tsp fresh rosemary minced
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato
- 4 1/2– 5 cups flour
Honey Butter Topping (optional)
- 1/4 cup butter at room temperature
- 2 TBSP honey
- Kosher salt
- Extra minced Rosemary
- In small bowl add water and milk at 102-110 degrees, add 1 tsp sugar and yeast. Gently mix together and let stand for 5 minutes. In electric mixer with a hook attachment, add the remaining ingredients, and mix until combined. Slowly pour in yeast mixture until it is all incorporated. Mix until all ingredients are combined and the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- Add dough to lightly floured surface and knead the dough until smooth. Place in bowl, cover with plastic wrap and place in warm place for about an one hour. Dough will double in size.
- Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface and cut into 16-20 pieces. Roll the dough into small balls and place seam side down onto a greased 13×9 baking dish. Cover and let rise for a hour. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until rolls are golden brown on the top.
- In small dish, mix together butter and honey, brush the top of the rolls with mixture, sprinkle with salt and rosemary.