I love homemade chili, it is truly a wonderful comfort food. Chili is super easy to make and is great during those evenings when you are rushed especially during sports season. I spent about 20 minutes in the morning and that evening during the crazy time in our house it was ready to go.
This recipe makes a good amount of chili, it will make about 8 servings.
Here are the ingredients you will need:
- 1 lb ground Beef
- 1 lb ground Turkey
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 oz) chili beans in sauce, undrained
- 1-2 can (15 oz) tomato sauce (1 can makes it nice and thick, add another can if you want on the thinner side)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
In skillet, cook beef, turkey and onion over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain.
In slow cooker, add drained beans, tomatoes, sauce, and spices.
Next, add the cooked meat and onion to slow cooker and mix together.
Cover and cook on low heat setting 6 to 8 hours.
Top with cheese if desired and enjoy!