Delicious Creamy Tortellini Soup is a breeze in your slow cooker.
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 carrots chopped
- 2 sticks celery chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 TBSP Italian seasoning
- 2 TBSP fresh parsley
- 1 tsp fresh oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1/4 cup cornstarch/mixed with 1/4 cup water
- 4 cups half and half
- 12 oz three cheese tortellini
- 2 cups spinach roughly chop
- 1 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Brown sausage in frying pan, then add to slow cooker.
- Add onion, carrot, celery, garlic, mushrooms, bouillon cubes, Italian seasoning, fresh herbs, salt and broth. Cover and cook on high for 4-6 hours.
- Uncover, add spinach and mix with spoon until spinach is submersed. Cover and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Uncover, stir in cornstarch/water mixture, half and half, milk and tortellini. Cover and cook for 45 more minutes on high.
- Add salt and pepper to your liking. Serve and enjoy!