Slow Cooker Honey BBQ Chicken Wings, great as a meal with rice or on their own as finger food!
- 4 lb chicken wings
- 2 TBSP cornstarch (for final step)
- sliced green onions (for garnish)
- 2 TBSP brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried parsley
Honey Buffalo Sauce:
- 3/4 cup frank’s hot sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 TBSP melted butter
- In small bowl add rub ingredients and stir to combine. Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray and add chicken wings. Sprinkle rub seasoning over top. Whisk hot sauce, honey and melted butter, then pour over the wings. and give them a quick toss with a spoon. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or low for 3-4.
- Line baking sheet with foil. Arrange the cooked wings onto baking sheet. Set aside.
- Pour sauce from slow cooker into sauce pan. In small bowl add 2 TBSP cornstarch and 2 TBSP of water and whisk together. Add to sauce and whisk some more. Cover and cook on med-high heat until boiling. Reduce heat to med-low and whisk as it cooks. Cook for about 5 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Brush wings with sauce and broil for 2-3 minutes. Brush again and broil 2 more minutes. broil until sauce is caramelized. Sprinkle with green onions and serve with optional ranch dressing.