Halloween will be here before we know it! Halloween is such a fun time for kids, they get to dress up like anything they want to be. My youngest is living out his dream by going as a Washington Husky Football player.
While Halloween is fun for the kids, there are some safety tips we should follow to make it fun for us parents too. I like to keep my Halloween free from trips to the emergency room and I am sure you do too!
Here are a few tips to keep your kids safe this Halloween:
1. Have everyone carry a flashlight with fresh batteries: It’s important to see and be seen while it’s dark outside. Make sure fresh batteries are in your flashlight so you know it won’t go out on you while trick or treating.
2. Inspect the loot: I remember my parents always making sure all of my candy was “safe” before I was allowed to eat it. The same still goes today, make sure all the treats are factory wrapped and also make sure there aren’t any items your kids are allergic to.
3. Wear colorful costumes: If possible, choose costumes that are bright and colorful. Stay away from costumes that are all black because they make it hard to be seen. If necessary add reflective tape to costumes or trick-or-treat bags.
4. Remind kids to look both ways when crossing the street: Kids get so excited about trick-or-treating they often forget about things that we have told them time and time again. Stress how important it is that they don’t run into a street in order to get to the next house.
5. Replace Real Candles in Pumpkins: Instead of using real candles in pumpkins use LED candles or flashlights.
Rayovac is currently running a special on the Rayovac Glow In The Dark Flashlight (with fresh batteries included!). Your kids will love carrying this flashlight because it glows in the dark. I haven’t met a kid that doesn’t love anything that glows in the dark.
During October, you can save $1 off the price of the Rayovac Glow In The Dark Flashlight when you use the code GLOWINTHEDARK at checkout. That will bring the price of the flashlight down to only $3.99. They also offer FREE shipping when you spend $25 or more.
I am a Rayovac Power Blogger I was sent a Rayovac Glow in the Dark Flashlight to share in my post. I was compensated for my time, however all thoughts and opinions are my own.