I have had numerous reports today of people telling me that the toys at their stores have gone down to 50% off! Woo hoo! This means that the 75% off cannot be that far behind! With this information, I can make an educated guess (I got my degree at Target University) as to when I think the toys will go 75% off. This is just a guess, but I believe they will go 75% off on Thursday, July 28th (Wednesday, July 27th if you store marks down on Wednesdays).
Here are a couple of reasons why I believe this to be true:
- Last year the markdown took place on July 28th and 29th
- Target usually marks down each department every 2 weeks, since they marked toys down to 50% off today, they will probably go 75% off in two weeks.
Here are some things you will want to do:
- I would check your store next week just to make sure the big markdown hasn’t taken place. There is a chance that a few items may go 75% off before the bulk of the toys go 75% off.
- Make sure you “like” Thrifty and Thriving on Facebook, I can post there instantly while I am at the store. Plus, many readers post directly to Facebook with what they have found at their store.
- Check the stores in your area now, so you know which location you want to head to first (if you plan on visiting multiple stores) This will help you make your game plan!
- Gather up any coupons that may be available. When I bought the single Hot Wheels cars, a coupon printed out for $4 off a $15 Hot Wheels or Matchbox purchase. There are lots of Hot Wheels & Matchbox items on clearance, so this would be a good coupon to use.
Please understand I do not have any “inside” information, so this really is just a guess. I honestly don’t even think the Target employees know for sure when the markdown will take place. I will be sure to post as soon as I hear anything! If see the toys go 75% off, feel free to post on the Thrifty & Thriving Facebook page or shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.