We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
As a family we love heading to Disneyland each year for a family vacation. We started our Disney family vacations in 2008 and have gone every year since (with the exception of 2010 & 2013 when we went to Disney World instead). This will be our 7th family trip to Disneyland and believe it or not there are things we have NEVER done (some may even surprise you). I thought it would be fun to share these things with you before we head to Disneyland & California Adventure this month and we can see how many of these items we can cross of our list.
Here are the 10 things we have never done on our Disneyland vacations before:
1. Watch a parade from beginning to end – You’re probably thinking to yourself “Say what? They’ve never seen an entire Disney parade?” It’s true! If we see a parade going by we may stop and watch, but we have never actually sat on the parade route and waited for a parade to start. With this year being the 60th Diamond Anniversary I am thinking we need to sit, wait and watch the entire parade. DONE!
2. Eat a Monte Cristo – This has been on my wish list for several years now, but I have never been able to make it happen. This may be my year! DONE!
3. Have one of our kids participate in the Jedi Training Academy – We have watched the Jedi Training Academy on several occasions, but have never had one of our kids participate. Our youngest is hoping to volunteer this year.
4. See “Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln” – This is one thing we have never seen, I’m not sure how excited I am to see it, but I have a couple die hard Disney fans that say we must do this this year. DONE!
5. Ride the Storybook Land Canal Boats – This is a ride we have never gone on, even though we don’t have super young children anymore we figure we need to ride it once. DONE!
6. Participate in the Animation Academy – My husband and I have participated in the Animation Academy at Disney World, but we have never done this as a family at Disneyland. We have several boys who are great artists and I think they would get a kick out of this. DONE!
7. Join the Mad T Party – We’ve seen and heard this party going on, but we’ve never actually participated. I’m certain there are a few of my children who wouldn’t enjoy this, but I think my daughter might have fun with it.
8. Eat a Disneyland Corn Dog – There is a long list of items we haven’t eaten yet, but this is one of those items that everyone raves about but we just haven’t tried yet. DONE!
9. Take The Bakery Tour hosted by Boudin Bakery – We’ve never taken the time to go on a the tour and see how the world-famous San Francisco sourdough bread is made. I’ve heard there are FREE samples so I might need to add this to the top of my list. DONE!
10. Ride The Tower of Terror as a family – This is one ride we have never rode together as an entire family, and it’s all my fault! This is the one ride that scares the heck out of me. I don’t even like to ride regular elevators. While this is something we haven’t accomplished yet, I am totally fine never completing this task.
I think it’s interesting that no matter how many times you visit Disneyland there is always something new you can do. I’d love to hear what things you haven’t done at Disneyland.